STATEMENT OF POLICE OF THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA
Police of the Republic of Armenia is authorized to make the following statement in connection with the assemblies planned to be held in Yerevan on December 1, 2015:
1. To ensure the security of the assembly participants and other persons Police of the Republic of Armenia are going to be on high alert during the next few days in compliance with the RA Constitution, RA law on “Freedom of assemblies” and the RA law “On Police”.
2. Police of the Republic of Armenia continue to periodically receive, process and analyze information about the likelihood of committing provocative and illegal actions during the assemblies, beside Police are undertaking necessary measures aimed to prevent and disrupt such actions.
3. To ensure public security and public order, Police of the Republic of Armenia call on the assembly organizers to strictly adhere to the conditions of notifications taken into consideration, to conscientiously fulfill the obligations imposed on them by law, respect other people’s constitutional rights, freedoms and legitimate interests.
4. Police of the Republic of Armenia call on the assembly organizers and participants to cooperate with the Police representatives as appropriate, namely inform them about any suspicious phenomenon or behavior.
5. Police of the Republic of Armenia is warning that should any fact of violation of requirements of the RA Constitution, the RA law on “Freedom of assemblies” and other respective legal acts or performance of provocative and illegal actions be recorded, Police will apply legitimate and available measures as necessary and appropriate to the situation, to ensure the security of the participants of the public events and that of other people.
6. Police of the Republic of Armenia is stating that should there arise an inevitable necessity to use coercive power, the priority will be given to preventive and disruptive individual methods, including, but not restricting, immediate isolation of gross violators of the peaceful and normal course of the assembly from the assembly venue, forbidding the usage of objects or technical means not envisaged by the conditions of Police notifications.
7. Police of the Republic of Armenia is ready to give assembly organizers any clarification on observance of the conditions envisaged in the notifications taken into account.
8.Police of the Republic of Armenia will ensure each persons’ opportunity to properly raise his/her demands, present them to the society, authoritative bodies and officials.
Police are hopeful that public events pursue only legitimate aims and exclusively legitimate methods and ways will be used to achieve them.